Man induced desertification is a major problem in arid areas of Kazakhstan. Soil degradation often follows vegetation removal and prevents natural vegetation from re-establishing. Full recultivation associated with decommissioning procedures is costly and may bring poor results. We develop site-specific, effective and economic techniques for protection and replenishment of sustainable natural vegetation cover and the reduction of visual impact from a given operation. We suggest structural changes and educate the client's personnel to make continuous revegetation possible and avoid a "last attempt" approach that can be associated with decommissions.
- Develop revegetation plans and cost for implementation
- Perform pilot studies to determine site specifics
- Improve personnel awareness and management structures related to revegetation issues
- Show predicted visual impact mitigation by using specialized software
- Set up hydrometeorological station to determine watering requirements